Thursday, July 19, 2007

The South Beach Diet Plan: How I Made it Through Phase 1

I love to eat! I think that's wherefore I detest dieting so much.

Most of those craze diets either totally curtail you from eating the nutrients you love (and crave), or they do you eat an surfeit of the nutrients that are well, not my favorite.

After all, how many eggs, peanuts or oranges can you really eat? I think that's wherefore I was so hesitating to follow my friends on the South Beach Diet bandwagon.

They were all trying it, and yes, even losing weight. I watched enviously as their waists got littler and smaller, but couldn't acquire their moans and ailments out of my caput during those first few years and hebdomads on the program.

Give up all sugar, carbs and fats for two whole weeks! Not me! No way! Not even for a littler frock size.

Then I went to see my physician for an unwell feeling I couldn't shake. I wasn't really sick, I just felt tired and icky all of the time. After some tests, he told me my glucose degrees were rising, my cholesterin was hitting an all-time high, and even my blood pressure level was boiling.

Me? Ms. Healthy? I knew it was clip to acquire serious, so I asked around and did some research and actually establish out that, in improver to being a "diet," the South Beach program was being used by people not only as a safe manner to lose the weight that impacts your health, but it also learns you how to eat in a more than nutritious and appreciated way.

Okay, clip to give it a try. And the very first thing I ran up against – you're probably heard about it -- was the awful "Phase I" of the South beach Diet Plan: the "hell of restriction," as my friends like to cal it.

Luckily, I knew so many people who've been on the diet already, I could turn to them for self-assurance and advice.

By the way, that's Tip #1: Get a Support System in Place.

For me it made all the difference. I honestly don't cognize if I would have got succeeded without the support of my friends. They shared their tips and narratives of surviving the first 14 years on the programme and made me experience like I could too. Here are some of my favourite endurance tips:

• Indulge in one last favourite repast and dessert before starting the diet

• Get everything that's not allowed to touch your lips in the first 14 years out of the house and endanger anyone who darings to mouse in contraband foods

• Support a day-to-day diary about your feelings during Phase Iodine (its great to read how those cravings and longings really affected the manner you believe and experience after it's all just a distant memory

• Avoid promenade shopping during Phase I (the smells of the nutrient tribunal will kill you)

• Don't program on attending any household gatherings, school functions, parties, etc. for two full hebdomads (become a hermit)

I'll acknowledge it, during those first few years on South Beach all I wanted was to plunge headfirst into a bag of cocoa bit cookies, dipped in whipped cream, with a side a french fries and a large piece of pizza.

But when a friend came over and cooked me the most delightful repast of thin poulet and sautéed veggies sprinkled with low-fat cheese (yes, I said cheese!), I knew that I'd do it.

That's Tip #2: Presentation.

The plate she put before me could have got rivaled one establish in any five-star restaurant. Iodine learned that nighttime that a beautifully prepared plate of colourful veggies cooked to flawlessness out beat generation a bag of Oreos 10 to 1.

Within a hebdomad my crankiness was subsiding – after all, my refined sugar degrees were leveling out and my blood pressure level was coming down – and I wasn't even craving drug addict material anymore. Iodine was actually looking forward to determination new ways to set up and function my new healthier nutrient choices.

Which takes me to Tip #3: Learn to Cook.

Since starting South Beach I have got learned how to really bask cooking. Watching a assortment of cookery shows and incorporating their thoughts using my South Beach approved nutrients was one manner I establish to last the first form of the program, since you can always happen new and interesting ways to set up and bask the nutrients I was permitted.

I couldn't believe when the two hebdomads were over. It seemed to travel by so fast, and then I was allowed to begin reintroducing some of my favourites again into my day-to-day feeding plan, like fresh fruit and breadstuff (thank God!).

The best portion was I no longer craved some of those no-no nutrients like cake, water ice pick and even, yes, those diet fellow cookies! And I managed to lose a humongous 12 pounds, a true victory for person like me who had never been able to follow any diet for longer than a twenty-four hours or two before!

Was starting the South Beach Diet difficult? Yes, in the first few days, but it sure was deserving it!

No comments: